Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waxing The Blaiz : Body Wash Guide

It had been quite some time since Blaiz got a proper wash and so I decided to give it a thorough wax wash followed by liquid and wax polishing.
For this purpose, I decided to test the Waxpol Heavy Duty Car Wash sample pouch that I had bought.


First of all, make sure that your hands are totally free of any kind of jewellery as a single moment of negiligence can result in an agonizing scratch mark !


First of all I cleaned the tires using a netted pad and shampoo. The tyre protectant would be applied at the end.
After the tires were done, Blaiz was completely drenched in water.


Then I took a clean bucket with around 1 litre water and poured all the contents of the Waxpol sample pouch. However, the result after the wash wasn't as desired so a second wash with Formula 1 Wax Wash followed it.


The wax wash provided a very rich layer which would be a useful base for the upcoming waxing.
After the wash, I used the 3M Liquid Polish with a sponge to get rid of any residual dirt and to provide a sleek finish.
Then I applied Formula 1 Carnauba Wax all over Blaiz using a sponge pad in circular motion. Do not apply the wax or polish in vertical or horizontal directions as it may not give the desired finesse.



Once the wax got dried to a haze, I used a micro-fiber cloth to buff it off to get glittering shine !

Once the body part was done, I returned to the tires and used Waxpol Tyre Shine to get a shiny jet black finish.




Once the whole process was over, Blaiz was rolled out of the garage into the sunshine !
Here's the final result:








No comments:

Post a Comment